Principal Second Violin, Section Violin
Principal Viola, Section Viola
Associate Principal Cello, Section Cello
Principal Double Bass, Section Double Bass
Section Flute doubling Piccolo
Principal Oboe, Section Oboe doubling English Horn
Section Bassoon doubling Contrabassoon
Section Horn (Low)
Associate Principal Trumpet
Required Audition Repertoire
1. First Round – Video submission (Press here for guidelines)
1) One movement of a concerto (Oboe and Horn must choose first movement of Mozart’s works).
2. Second Round – Live Audition
1) Two solo pieces of the applicant’s choice, including:
a) One piece from Classical or Baroque period (Violins, Woodwinds and Horns must choose one of Mozart’s works).
b) One piece from Romantic period.
2) Sight Reading of orchestral excerpts
How to Apply
2. Mail the application form and videos to Human Resources, 1380 Middle Fuxing Road, Shanghai, China. Postcode 200031 or email to email@example.com
December 5, 2021
Time and place for second round live audition
The live audition will be held between March 15-17, 2021, applicants with successful videos will be notified by email no later than January 22, 2022. The audition will take place at Shanghai Symphony Hall, 1380 Middle Fuxing Road, Shanghai, China. Applicants are responsible for their own travel and accommodation expenses.